About Me

My photo
I'm an east coast girl making my way through life. I have a love for cooking, fitness, and really anything that can bring me happiness. Living my life for the next day and on a search for whatever my happily ever after may be. Life's too short to be unhappy right? If you navigated your way here, stay awhile! Have a nice day!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Friday!

Helloooo friends!

Praise the LORD I never thought this day would come. Finally, I'm on spring break!!! I can't wait to get home and just relax. Sweet, sweet spring break. I will be just fine soaking up the D.C. sun. People underestimate it, but I have gotten some of my best tans laying out in the hammock in my backyard.

Today couldn't be a more perfect day either. I showed up to class (unlike the rest of my classmates) and got two extra bonus points on my midterm for going...and the professor cancelled class! Good start to the day. It's also about 80 degrees so I'm sitting outside in my *navy blue and orange* sundress just soaking up some last minute rays before I head home.

One thing I particularly love about my school is the trees that blossom in the springtime. So many people just walk by them but they are so damn pretty I can't stand it. They are cherry blossom-esque and look amazing. It's too bad so many people just walk by them everyday and don't take the time to appreciate them. I don't think you're really living life unless you take the time to soak up your surroundings.

Another thing I love about the spring is fro-yo. True, I love it all year round - but eating it in the spring time makes it that much better. Something about how cold it is mixed with how warm the weather is just makes me feel great. It also reminds me of high school - my best friend Francesca and I used to go get frozen yogurt and then go back after school to watch the boys baseball games. It was our little thing, and I miss it! I need to do a post on Francesca (remind me!). I also think it's so funny the different flavor combinations people can come up...still searching for my topping and flavor soulmate.


Kyle and I saw 21 Jump Street yesterday. It was honestly the funniest movie I've seen in awhile and it had me laughing the whole time. Not only was it funny but it kind of taught you a lesson - no matter who you were and who you were friends with in high school, none of that matters when you grow up. Anyone can be friends with anyone, and you can find yourself being close with people you never would have imagined. Happened to me this year! I always thought I'd be friends with a lot of athletes, but recently I've found friends from all different backgrounds and interests and I love them all! Always keep an open door to new friends.
{Side note, everyone should see the movie it is too funny...Kyle and I even saw a 75 year old couple laughing in the movie too - it's fun for everybody}

Before I go home for break, it's nice to just look at my campus. We never really see it for how beautiful it is because we're always too busy cursing it for making us work our little butts off. It's nice to just take a step back and remind yourself how lucky you are because of where you are.

Last but not least...the weather I'll be going home to today is...
Perfection, perfection, perfection!

Days like today with a cool breeze and a warm sun make me realize how lucky I am to be where I am, have who I have, and be who I am. And ALL of you should feel the same way too.

Happy Friday and have a beautiful, warm, perfect weekend.

XOXO, Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from blogging friends!