About Me

My photo
I'm an east coast girl making my way through life. I have a love for cooking, fitness, and really anything that can bring me happiness. Living my life for the next day and on a search for whatever my happily ever after may be. Life's too short to be unhappy right? If you navigated your way here, stay awhile! Have a nice day!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Another Monday


Hi guys! Who else is totally bummed that the weekend is already gone? I know I am - but think of it on the bright side, 4 more days until Friday right?! I'm sick again, another terrible cold - why is it that whenever we hear someone say they have a cold it doesn't seem like they're actually sick, but when we get colds it's like the end of the world? Colds = miserable. Anyways today I wanted to do a little more about me stuff, but this time I want to tag you guys in it and have you guys post it on your blogs too! I found some interesting little questions that might make this Monday go by a little sweeter and faster. So...I tag Barbie and Monica and Emily to try and finish the survey on their own blogs with the same questions!

1. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
I think that it's worse to never try, because you always get left with the lingering thought about "what if," and I know from experience that it's better to have tried and failed then to be left wondering what could have happened if you had tried.

2. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Pinterest would make me a billionaire if happiness was the currency! And I am SO serious about that! But really, just being with the people I love and exploring new things and new places would make me the happiest. If I got to go to every place on my bucketlist and just live that lifestyle for a little I would be so happy.

3. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
This is a toughie. I think more or less we control our lives, but that fate does play a big part too. I think we make decisions that fate had already planned for us if that makes sense. I don't try to control my life especially too much because I think everyone has a natural course they are going to follow. I think more than anything I've steered myself in the direction I want to go, but I most certainly haven't controlled where I've ended up.

4. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I'm more worried about doing the right things. This is another hard question (which is the point of the post!), but I think personally I'm more worried about doing the right things. I think that as long as I do the rights thing then I'll naturally end up doing them right. If that makes sense.

5. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
YES! Guilty. This totally translates into my life too. I think the elevator will go faster the more you tell it to, and I think I have a bad habit of believing that the more you push people the better likelihood there is of getting what you want out of them. Not sure if that's an unattractive quality or not...

6. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Tie. I can't pick. I don't want to lose any old memories, because old memories are what give you your you-ness. They are what make you who you are. But I still want to be able to make new memories, otherwise you won't have any new-old ones to look back at! Such an indecisive answer, but I can't choose.

7. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
I would love to have more work that I actually enjoy doing. I read a quote somewhere (everywhere) that said if you love what you do then you never work a day in your life. I love that quote - and I think it's very true. If you love something then you're never truly working, you're just having fun and enjoying yourself. Here's hoping that we all get lucky enough to have a job that we absolutely love!

8. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Sadly, yes. But I think that's normal in college. Everything is monotonous. There isn't really anything exciting that happens day to day, but I think it's also your own personal responsibility to put a little oomph and sparkle into your day so that your life doesn't get too lackluster.

9. If not now, then when?
I'm going to take the lazy way out and say "tomorrow." Terrible answer. This question is so vague but strangely deep...I think when something needs to be done you'll do it in the right time and fashion.

10. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I think I'd go southern if I had to be in a different state! I love the east coast, but I feel like living in the south would be very refreshing. It's a whole different way of life, and I think it'd be so fun to go somewhere new and start over from square one.

Well - there's just a few questions. Some of them really make you think don't you? So now I started the game of tag, and I hope you guys will repost the questions to your blog and answer them for yourselves!! Happy Monday!!




XOXO, Rosie

2 comments:

  1. Aww I hope your cold goes away!! I had one a week ago and it was miserable! Thank you for tagging me :) I am excited to do these questions..they definitely make you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tag! I'll go and read the answers of the people you tagged. Hope your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always happy to hear from blogging friends!