About Me

My photo
I'm an east coast girl making my way through life. I have a love for cooking, fitness, and really anything that can bring me happiness. Living my life for the next day and on a search for whatever my happily ever after may be. Life's too short to be unhappy right? If you navigated your way here, stay awhile! Have a nice day!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 4

....And I'm still chugging away with the thankfulness!!! Today is a two-day post since apparently this one got drafted instead of posted. 



I'm thankful for the ability to dream. This sounds weird, but hear me out. When we were little people always told us that we could go anywhere in life and be whoever we wanted to be. As times get older, people get smarter, and competitions arises, it seems as though your options to be who you wanted to be are limited. I think it's sad - people tell you your whole childhood to dream and set goals, but then once you're of a certain age people expect you to forget your dreams and join the real world and check into reality. For me, I'm still a dreamer. I have high expectations set for myself and my life and I won't stop until I'm utterly blissful and satisfied with my life. To dream is a wonderful thing. Think of all the little kids in third world countries who don't get the same opportunities to dream as we do, because they have to deal with survival before they even turn five. I think it's important to be thankful that we can dream and that our dreams can actually come true. We live in a place where basically if we want something bad enough and work hard enough for it, we can get it. To be able to achieve your goals and dreams is amazing. So many people will never get the chance to even come close to dreaming, and the fact that we can dream a new dream everyday is pretty great. We really are blessed with opportunities and I think we need to acknowledge that more. We can be anyone we choose to be, and I'm thankful for that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from blogging friends!