About Me

My photo
I'm an east coast girl making my way through life. I have a love for cooking, fitness, and really anything that can bring me happiness. Living my life for the next day and on a search for whatever my happily ever after may be. Life's too short to be unhappy right? If you navigated your way here, stay awhile! Have a nice day!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Under the Weather

How is it possible to have gotten the flu when it's 60 degrees outside in February?! Just a bad break I suppose. So while everyone else is out there in their shorts and t-shirts enjoying spring come early, I'll be cooped up in sweat pants sweating this flu out! Kyle took the best care of me last night though, and I was very thankful that I had someone care about me so much while I was sick! He made me Noodle-O's soup and covered me in blankets, checking on me religiously every now and then to make sure I wasn't dead in bed. What a guy right! Anyways, feeling so sick and crummy today I decided to post something about protecting your own self from getting sick these last few weeks of dreary winter!

1. Wash your hands!!! Should be easy enough to remember but gross statistics always say that over 50% of people do not wash their hands after using the bathroom. Gross!! We get sick from germs, so fend the germs off by washing your hands with extra hot water and double soap...just to make sure!
2. Make an effort not to touch your face with your hands. If your hands have the germs, and you put them on your face...well...you're just asking for it then. And it makes your skin breakout if you touch your face, so HANDS OFF!
3. So sad for poor me, but stay away from us sicklings. We won't get you sick on purpose, but it's bound to happen if you come into contact with us. And on that note? Don't share group food, group drinks, bottles, or anything really. Keep everything to yourself and yourself only. Why would you want everyone else's germs on you? Ick.
4. Get some sleep! Sleep helps your immune system stay nice and strong, plus it feels awesome too to be well rested. You should be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed waking up, not rolling out of bed! Get some sleep to ward off the icky-sicky.
5. Water, water, water! OJ, OJ, OJ! Keep hydrating, all day long! Your immune system works overtime to get the illness out of your body and to keep it away, so reward it's hard work with some water. OJ will help too, because we all know that Vitamin C is the way to go.
6. Eat well! We should be eating well every day, but I know we all give into pastries and Chipotle way more than we should. (I'm dessert queen, so I need to follow my own advice!). Stay away from too much sugar and make sure you're getting your fruits + veggies - if you feed your body well it will treat you even better.
7. Skip the gym. This is easy to do! Take a day off if you feel some kind of illness coming on. You don't need to over-exert yourself especially when you're about to get sick. Just take the day off, focus on feeling better, and you can get back to busting your booty at the gym as soon as possibly.
8. Call someone who makes you feel better, I'm sure they would be happy to come make you feel better!! We have to be there for each other, and everyone has someone to call when they feel a little crummy.
9. If it's winter season, leave the house dressed smart. If it's cold out, dress for the cold! Don't try and bear it in just a sweatshirt. Leave the house armed in gloves, scarves, jackets - whatever it takes for you not to feel sick.
10. Learn your body and get to know yourself. If you feel like you're getting sick, you probably are. So take extra caution to avoid feeling lousy when your first symptoms come roaring in!

I know, fairly standard list. We all learned this stuff in Pre-K right? Just a friendly reminder to help you ward off any kind of sickness that could be coming your way this season. Sometimes reading about all the boring details reinforces it so that you refresh your mind on the how-to's. Take care of yourselves and I wish you all the best to stay well!!!

XO, Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from blogging friends!