About Me

My photo
I'm an east coast girl making my way through life. I have a love for cooking, fitness, and really anything that can bring me happiness. Living my life for the next day and on a search for whatever my happily ever after may be. Life's too short to be unhappy right? If you navigated your way here, stay awhile! Have a nice day!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving...Where Are You?!

So, I stayed in all weekend. Kyle was feeling under the weather, and it was just too cold to go out in a little skirt and pretend that I didn't feel like I was trapped in a glacier. I watched way too much Sex and the City, if that's possible. I've been wondering all weekend how Carrie can manage to have a fabulous apartment and the best closet known to woman while only doing a weekly column, especially since I know journalism doesn't pay too much (unless you're among the ranks of Katie Couric). Then I wondered, how can she manage to have all of those designer clothes and shoes, and a NYC apartment, and eat out and get cocktails 6 nights a week? And not gain any weight? Oh, Carrie. You are too perfect and us girls will be eternally jealous of your HBO life. 


I'm writing for The Campus Companion this fall. It's a good time, I've definitely become more grounded in internet writing I would say. It's still weird to me though when I write advice pieces, I mean, are people really listening to me? Bless em. Here's a link to one of my pieces, for all you Disney lovers out there. Funny though, they had me write a piece on internships and where to find them - I'm still looking for my own! I'm probably the only one who thinks that's funny. Now that I'm done semi self-promoting (we all need to pat our own backs sometimes)....

Thanksgiving could not come soon enough. I can't wait to be home. School hasn't been anything crazy, but I just would like a week off to find some time to just sit. Maybe give myself an at home spa day, go to a movie, just something different. I'm probably the biggest advocate for having a change of scenery, so that's going to be nice as well. I miss city traffic and cop cars, is that weird? I miss the little stores, the parks, and for some reason I just feel safer in a city. You'd think the opposite, but oh well. 


Before I go home for break, I really want to get rid of  attempt to bag up and donate some of my old clothes. I tried about a week ago, but let me tell you, it's harder than it seems. I've donated a good amount of clothes I've either outgrown in size/taste/maturity, but my closet is still packed. Plus, you can't get more until you have less? I think that's how it goes. Is it just me or does it seem like you hate all of your clothes, but then when you go to give them away you suddenly develop a sentimental relationship with them? I can't tell you how many shirts I looked at and thought "oh,  but I wore that one when I dressed up as a a panda in 4th grade!" Like, no. Things need to go. 

By the way, obsessed with this girls voice. Her name is  Michaela Rowe and she's my latest YouTube go-to. She wrote this song HERSELF when she was just 11!!!! You'll love it. 

Time to go trudge through the rest of the day in preparation for the rest of the week before break.... 


Rosie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from blogging friends!